Parkers’ Top 10 Winter Wedding Destinations
Winter is almost here and whether you want to escape or embrace the cold on your wedding day, Parkers has the perfect destination for you and your sweetie. We also have the best gown cleaning services to ensure that your wedding dress stays as beautiful as it was on your big day. Here are 10 of our favourite hot and cool winter wedding spots.
1. Lake Tahoe, U.S.A – Destination weddings are practically an institution in Lake Tahoe. This picturesque desert landscape is the perfect backdrop for a Southwestern wedding. Add to that a lack of sweat stain-inducing humidity, and you’ve got yourself a recipe for the perfect destination wedding!
2. Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico – Ifyou’re looking for a Southwestern wedding that’s a little more exotic, try Mexico! Cancun isn’t just for Spring Break. With its pristine white-sand beachesand world-class resorts, this vacation spot is a favourite for many couples.
3. Anguilla (West Indies) – A small island east of Puerto Rico, this British territory is the cuisine capital of the Caribbean and was named one of the best honeymoon destinations by Modern Bride. Noted for its spectacular coral reefs, Anguilla stays relatively cool despite its tropical climate.
4. Barbados (West Indies) – Barbados offers more tourist attractions per square mile than any other Caribbean island. If that doesn’t convince you, consider the fact that – unlike other Caribbean destinations – there is no wait period to get married.
1. Hotel De Glace, Quebec, Canada – Make your wedding a winter wonderland in this world-famous Canadian hotel made completely of ice! Its website touts 5 different wedding packages and re-assures prospective visitors that the ambient temperature never falls below -5°C.
2. ICE Hotel, Swedish Lapland – If you want a glacial experience in a faroff land, ICE Hotel in Swedish Lapland will quench your thirst for adventure! The hotel even has optional activities like snowmobiling and husky sledding.
3. Colorado, U.S. – Classy estate venues abound in Colorado and with its beautiful snow-capped mountains and lush green forests, the state’s landscape is picture perfect year-round.
4. Banff, Alberta, Canada – Another Rocky Mountain destination, Banff is considered one of the most beautiful places in the world. If you and your spouse-to-be are into winter sports, take Banff into serious consideration. If you’re not into skiing or snowboarding, just sit back in a horse-drawn sleigh ride and enjoy the spectacular views.
5. Iceland – Many Icelanders believe in elves, which speaks volumes about the majestic and whimsical nature of the country. Budget-conscious couples with a passion for exotic travel should take advantage of great exchange rates and find a venue close to the bustling capital, Reykjavik.
6. Muskoka, Ontario, Canada – If the Great White North makes you swell with pride, you might as well stay close to home and enjoy the natural beauty of cottage country, which is just 90 mins. from Toronto.