It has been a little while since we’ve shared an inspiration post with all of you. This month, while we were discussing what to share as our current inspiration, we realized that we have written about about all sorts of things, from sheepskin, to hats, to even seasons, but we haven’t talked about one of our biggest inspirations of all: weddings!
Lately, we’ve been noticing the rise of the cocktail/reception dress trend as more and more brides choose to change into another fabulous dress during the reception and wow their guests. Whether for dancing, to highlight the bride’s cultural background, or to whisk away in at the end of the night, often these dresses have a bit more colour to them, are a little more casual (though not always!), and, to go back to what’s inspiring us today, short!
But, we say, don’t stop at the reception! Short wedding dresses used to be the norm years ago (look at your grandma’s vintage wedding photos and see how elegant she looked in her tea-length dress) and it seems that they’re making a bit of a comeback. We like that they’re a bit different, that their looks range from casual to still-so-glamorous, and that they don’t play it safe. There’s an aura of confidence that always seems to radiate from a bride in a shorter dress. This bride knows her unique style and is confident enough to express who she is.
It’s not as if we needed any more convincing, but we did a bit more research on the subject anyways. Here are the top ten reasons we are totally sold on short dresses, whether for a ceremony or a reception, this year:
1. This little number. The way the plunging neckline mirrors the open back…sigh.
2. This sweetheart neckline, these lace sleeves, the swing of this skirt.
3. This peek-a-boo gold hemline – enough said.
4. The tulle overlay covering this textured bodycon, making this dress perfectly ballerina-like.
5. & 6. These two crocheted and appliquéd dresses – both perfect for the ceremony and the reception!
7. The pouf of this skirt, plus that lace back and we are in cream-coloured heaven.
8. The delicate draping on this one-shouldered dress that makes us go, “wow!”
9. The lace perfection that is this dress.
10. The way the cap-sleeves and high-neck of this dress compliment the high-low hemline in just the right way.
If you think a shorter dress is going to be finding its way into your wedding plans anytime soon, may we remind you that we specialize in wedding gown care. No matter the shape, size or length of your gown, we will carefully clean and preserve it so that you can enjoy it for many years to come.
Are you all about the short wedding gown? Check out last summer’s post about what to consider if choosing a short wedding gown.