Uggs Just Made a Fashion Comeback!
Whether you have more than one pair or have never worn them, there’s no denying that classic Ugg boots are a street-style icon. From the moment they hit North American shores in the late 1990s, on the heels of A-listers of the time, like Kate Moss and Paris Hilton, Uggs attracted a loyal following drawn to the footwear for a lot of reasons.
- Uniquely Stylish – You usually notice a pair of Uggs before you notice who’s wearing them. If their distinctive appearance is their hallmark, their versatility in adding fashion flair to a night on the town, or on a Sunday morning coffee run, keeps fans coming back for more.
- Comfy & Cozy – Even out of the box, people describe the Uggs experience in terms like “walking on a cloud” and “they feel amazing”.
- Long-Lasting – One of the reasons that they’ve been around for so long may just be because they last long. Many fashion trends come and go simply because the clothing wears out.
Considering all they have going for them, if you were in on the first wave of the Uggs revolution, you might be asking yourself “are ugg boots still in fashion over 20 years later?”.
Ugg Boots Are Still in Fashion!
It doesn’t matter how much they are loved, how unique they are, or how long they last, the biggest thing that keeps any piece of clothing on-trend is whether or not celebrities are wearing them. So we took a look online and, yes, Uggs are on famous feet again (or did they ever leave!).
- Jennifer Lopez – Want to look good in an ankle-length skirt and a parka, put on some Uggs.
- Paris Jackson – While boho style might have its roots in the 1960s, nothing goes better with a pair of skinny jeans than a pair of Uggs.
- RiRi – Enough said. If RiRi is rocking Uggs, they are back!
Why You Need to Keep Your Uggs Clean
If you ever thought Uggs stopped being a thing, maybe you weren’t showing enough love to your own Uggs. If you want to reap the rewards of wearing the fashion icon, you gotta keep ‘em clean.
- Use a suede brush to gently remove loose dirt and salt.
- Moisten surface with a clean, damp sponge and use the sponge to get rid of more stubborn marks
- Put paper towels into the boots to keep their shape while they dries.
- Leave the boots in a cool, ventilated area for at least 24 hours, until they are completely dry.
- When they are dry, brush the boots in a single direction to get back their original appearance.
Show Them All the Love They Deserve – The leather and suede specialists at Parkers will not only make sure your Uggs are clean on the outside but clean and fresh smelling on the inside too. And we’ll pick them up and bring them back to you, looking like new.
If you’re looking for more fashion tips, check out our article “A Gentlemen’s Guide to Wearing a Scarf”.